Thursday, December 5, 2013

Surgery Update From Mom

Mom here: Last night we thought maybe the surgery wouldn't work and maybe it still won't but right now Shelby's rear end is looking much better than it has in a long time, so I am hopeful! After speaking to our vet last night we learned that she has some scar tissue that may be causing the problem. Right now we are just waiting to see if it heals correctly and stays healed. Lately it would heal for a couple of weeks and then open again, repeat, repeat, repeat. No fun! Our vet said that if that continues the gland will have to be removed. If that happens we will talk to a surgeon and find out more information. I have learned that as long as the surgery is done correctly it should not effect her quality of life. I just want my baby girl to finally be all better! We will keep you posted as things progress. :)

I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of my girl: 

5 comments:

  1. Me and my pack and my pawrents are all keeping their paws crossed and sending prayers for a quick recovery. Feel better soon, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, my feets are crossed for you
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE hope that it is totally taken care of now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelby, so sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope this will do the trick and everything will OK now. Your Mom, Dad and sister Mill are doing a great job taking care of you. Hang in there.

    Baxter, Baxter's Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete